Here is today’s COVID-19 update from the County Health and Human Services Agency with data through May 26.
- Doses delivered: More than 4.09 million.
- Doses administered: Over 3.61 million.
- Received at least one shot: More than 1.92 million or 68.5% of San Diegans 12 and older.
- Fully vaccinated: Over 1.49 million or 53.4%.
- The goal: fully vaccinate 75% of San Diego County residents 12 and older or 2,101,936 people.
- To date, 91.4% of the goal population has received at least one vaccine and 71.3% are fully vaccinated.
- More vaccination information can be found coronavirus-sd.com/vaccine.
- San Diego County’s state-calculated, adjusted case rate is currently 2.4 cases per 100,000 residents, placing the County in the Orange Tier.
- The testing positivity percentage is 1.5%, placing the County in the Yellow Tier.
- The health equity metric is 1.8%, placing the County in the Yellow Tier.
- While two of the three metrics qualify the County for the Yellow Tier, the state assigns counties to the more restrictive tier, in this case the Orange Tier.
- CDPH assesses counties on a weekly basis. The next report is scheduled for Tuesday, June 1.
Community Setting Outbreaks:
- One new community outbreak was confirmed May 26 in a TK-12 school setting.
- In the past seven days (May 20 through May 26), 9 community outbreaks were confirmed.
- The community outbreaks trigger is seven or more in seven days.
- 13,565 tests were reported to the County on May 26, and the percentage of new positive cases was 0.7%.
- The 14-day rolling average percentage of positive cases is 0.9%. Target is less than 8.0%.
- The 7-day, daily average of tests is 10,307.
Cases, Hospitalizations and ICU Admissions:
- 101 COVID-19 cases were reported to the County on May 26. The region’s total is now 279,959.
- 15,391 or 5.5% of all cases have required hospitalization.
- 1,703 or 0.6% of all cases and 11.1% of hospitalized cases had to be admitted to an intensive care unit.
- One new death was reported on May 26, 2021. The region’s total is 3,756.
- One man died May 14, 2021. He was in his 70s and had underlying medical conditions.
The more detailed data summaries found on the County’s coronavirus-sd.com website are updated around 5 p.m. daily.