Press release from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
Humboldt County has seen a total of 2,725 positive COVID-19 cases, after 53 additional cases were reported today.
More than 1,700 vaccination appointments have been scheduled today through Sunday, and all doses allocated to Humboldt County Public Health have been administered or are already scheduled to be administered. Public Health continues to exhaust its supply of vaccine on a weekly basis.
Vaccines are administered through clinics coordinated by Public Health, hospitals and other local health care providers. Planning is underway to expand appointments to additional priority groups, depending on vaccine availability. Currently, local COVID-19 vaccine priorities are:
- Health care workers – Continuing to schedule vaccination appointments.
- Long-term care facility residents and staff – Continuing to schedule vaccination appointments.
- People 75 and older – Continuing to schedule vaccination appointments.
- Emergency services workers – Continuing to schedule vaccination appointments.
- K-12 educators and support staff – Expecting to begin scheduling vaccination appointments by mid-February, with in-person teachers and support staff invited first followed by those engaged in distance learning.
- Child care and early education providers – Gathering data from employers and organizations to plan for clinics.
- Higher education – Gathering data from employers and organizations to plan for clinics.
- Food and agriculture workers – Planning stages to gather data from employers and organizations to plan for clinics.
Organizations in the Child Care and Food & Agriculture sectors are encouraged to complete the Community Workforce Survey to support Public Health in planning for future distribution of vaccine to those workplaces. Submissions should be limited to one per agency. Access the form at humboldtgov.org/CommunityWorkforceSurvey.
Individual county residents can fill out the COVID-19 Vaccine Interest Form to be notified when an appointment is available for their priority group. Go to humboldtgov.org/InterestForm to complete the form.
Organizations interested in getting employees vaccinated or anyone with questions about these forms should contact the Humboldt County Joint Information Center for assistance at 707-441-5000.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting [email protected] or calling 707-441-5000.
Local COVID-19 vaccine information: humboldtgov.org/vaccineinfo
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/dashboard
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert
= historic data. All data from the Humboldt County Joint Information Center.
Data from CalREDIE. Zip codes not listed have experienced five cases or fewer. Zip code populations from the American Community Survey, 2018.